World Championships Qualifier - Kelly Miller
The smiling assassin from Horsham is heading to the world champs! Check out some of Kelly Miller’s training as she gets ready for Chattanooga this week.
1. How many times a week were you riding/running and swimming in your 70.3 lead in?
At least 3 times for each discipline
2. What type of power sets were you doing? Can you give us an example of one?
3 hours mostly easy but include: Include 1 x 15min hill repeat @E3 & 70rpm Roll down float and 10min easy spin Include 2 x 10min hill repeat @ E3 & 70rpm Roll down float and 10 min easy spin Include 4 x 5min hill repeat @E3 & 70rpm
3. What type of run sets were you doing? Can you give us an example?
Run 60 mins on a Hilly course easy Work all hills E3+ Then 30mins on the flat as a slow build to E3+ 10min easy
4. Tell us about your hardest training day?
Running to the top of Mt Williams in the Grampians in freezing conditions, 811m elevation gain, 23km run, very challenging getting to the top but also very rewarding
5. What is your biggest tip for new Triathletes leading into a 70.3?
Break the race down, practice your nutrition and don’t forget to smile, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the day